AuditBible
November 17, 2017, 06:38:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   News Alerts Help Search Calendar Members Contributions Staff List Login Register  

Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Auditing Stop Gap Coverage  (Read 3624 times)

Irish_Friar

Experience: 1979

Activity
0%

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:40:51 AM »

When auditing Multi-State Workers' Compensation Insurance policies that include ND, OH, PR, WA and WY we are instructed to not exclude any of the normal exclusions such as premium overtime, severance etc for these particular states. Also, is there something in writing that addresses this situation?

Do all carrier handle it this way?

Regards!
beancounter
Administrator

Experience: 1985

Activity
100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 05:11:18 PM »

Workers' compensation coverage includes two types of protection: workers' compensation and employer's liability. The workers' compensation portion of the policy pays for claims made by employees, and the employer's liability portion pays the cost of defending lawsuits filed against the company by an employee or an employee's family.

Five states fund their own workmen's compensation program: North Dakota, Ohio, West Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.  In all other states, the employer simply adds the employer liability rider to his workmen's compensation package.  It's not available in the five states mentioned, so he must secure stop gap insurance.

Employers Liability Coverage Endorsement (WC 00 03 03; sometimes referred to as “STOP GAP ENDORSEMENT”) – Provides Employers Liability Coverage only in states where the policy does not provide workers compensation coverage.

I'm not sure about the answer to your questions.  I'll see what I can find; meanwhile, maybe someone else can provide.

bc
Irish_Friar

Experience: 1979

Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 09:11:48 AM »

I actually know what the coverage is but I do appreciate the reply.

My question has to do with the basis of premium. I have worked for only one carrier my whole career and it's my carrier's position we bill Total Payroll for the monopolistic states.

I was wondering if other carriers handled the premium base differently? For example, do other carriers exclude premium overtime pay, severance pay etc?

Regards!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: