AuditBible
January 22, 2018, 01:49:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Google

Home   News Alerts Help Search Calendar Members Contributions Staff List Login Register  

Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Repair and installation of Central Heating and A/C  (Read 2921 times)

AuditorLisa
Global Moderator

Experience: 1989

Activity
0%

Home of the Free because of the Brave

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2008, 12:46:10 PM »

I used to have a really cool paper/letter that defined the uses of 5538 & 5183 for repairs and installation.  It might have been an R&I.  Alas, I can not find it.  Does anyone have a copy to share???

Also, I have been seeing quite a bit of plastic and tube type ducting.  I have been reviewing all inspections received and have not seen a comment regarding it in the narratives from the WCIRB. 

Are you also seeing this trend?
AuditorBob
Global Moderator

Experience: 1984

Activity
0%

"Ehh, what's up, doc?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 08:02:09 PM »

If it was an C&R, it would likely have been 5-23-72, which I don't have (hey, I'm old...but not that old). 

As for the plastic and tube type ducting, I don't think that will matter.  5538 is a sheet metal code, but most ducting is the flex-type and it still goes 5538 even though it's not sheet metal.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 08:09:13 PM by AuditorBob » Logged

Bob
AuditorLisa
Global Moderator

Experience: 1989

Activity
0%

Home of the Free because of the Brave

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 10:00:36 AM »

hahaha - Thanks Bob!

I can articulate the useage and the segregation but the audit venacular/rational can sometimes be lost on those I am trying to assist.   

It just seems that I remember seeing a sheet/memo/something that was very well written and discribed the rational of the classification assignment in a way that was clear for policyholders and agents.   

I think I should try to work something up, rather than look for something that may no longer exist or was made before there were computers (1972! for goodness sakes, was it written on pappyrus paper? How do you remember this stuff!) 

Have a wonderful holiday season!  Lisa  Wink

Thanks again!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: